Oratto Ltd (‘Oratto’, ‘We’, ‘Our’, ‘Us’).
Welcome to Oratto Ltd, a service dedicated to connecting You with the right lawyer.
What We collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and occupation, job title
- contact information including Your email address
- demographic information such as postcode, activities, pastimes and preferences
- other information relevant to Your lifestyle, Your job and Your current circumstances
What We do with the information We gather
We require this information to understand Your needs and provide You with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To help Us to understand the solution that You are looking for in order for Us to match You with a single lawyer or group of lawyers We feel may be able to help You with Your situation.
- We may send Your information to one or more of the Oratto member lawyers, so they can investigate the circumstances of Your situation and offer their services to You.
- We may use the information to improve Our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or services, special offers or other information which We think You may find interesting using the email address which You have provided.
- From time to time, We may also use Your information to contact You for market research purposes. We may contact You by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the Website according to Your interests.
- We may track Your real time location to allow tagging, and to help Us determine Your whereabouts such that We can match You with lawyers that are in close proximity to You. If You do not allow Us to collect Your real time location data to provide location specific service requests, some functionality on Our Website may not work properly.
Sharing of Your Information
- Our employees.
- Third partys, including solicitors, barristers or other service providers who may access Your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to legal services). These parties will only use Your information to the extent required to fulfil their functions.
- Our affiliates, vendors, potential partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties. Information supplied to these parties will include no personally identifiable information.
- Successors in title to Our business (in the event of reorganisation or sale to a third party).
- Government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to other legal and regulatory requests.
We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect online.
All of Our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of Your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of Our visitors’ information.
We ensure that Your information will not be disclosed to government institutions or authorities except if required by law or when requested to by regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations.
Your rights in relation to the information We hold about Your
You can write to Us at any time to obtain a copy of the information We keep in relation to You and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate, You may have Your personal information erased, rectified, amended or completed. Please write to:
Please quote Your name and address. We should be grateful if You would also provide brief details of the information of which You would like a copy or which You would like to be corrected (this helps Us to more readily locate Your data).
We will require proof of Your identity before providing You with details of any personal information We may hold about You. We will make a charge of £10 to cover the administration costs involved in providing You with a copy of Your information.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of Your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever You are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that You can click to indicate that You do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If You have previously agreed to Us using Your personal information for direct marketing purposes, You may change Your mind at any time by writing to or emailing Us.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease Your personal information to third parties unless We have Your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use Your personal information to send You promotional information about third parties which We think You may find interesting if You tell Us that You wish this to happen.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on Your computer’s hard drive. Once You agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse Web traffic or lets You know when You visit a particular site. Cookies allow Web applications to respond to You as an individual. The Web application can tailor its operations to Your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about Your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps Us analyse data about Web page traffic and improve Our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help Us provide You with a better Website, by enabling Us to monitor which pages You find useful and which You do not. A cookie in no way gives Us access to Your computer or any information about You, other than the data You choose to share with Us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can usually modify Your browser setting to decline cookies if You prefer. This may prevent You from taking full advantage of the Website.
Links to other Websites
Our Website may contain links to other Websites of interest. HoWever, once You have used these links to leave Our site, You should note that We do not have any control over that other Website. Therefore, We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which You provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the Website in question.
For further information from Us on data protection and privacy or any requests concerning Your personal information please write to:
Or email Us from Our contact page
In the event the purposes for processing change, then We will contact You as soon as practicable and seek Your consent where such notification relates to a new additional purpose for processing.
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information You provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area. We also operate globally and so it may be necessary to transfer Your personal information to other companies within Our group of companies located in countries outside of the EEA. Countries outside of the EEA may not have similar protections in place regarding Your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, We have taken the steps outlined above to try and protect the security of Your information.